Friday 5 January 2018

Our Generation Doll Mermaid Tail Blankets


When I was making Our Generation doll clothes last year, I found a pattern for doll-size mermaid tail blankets and knew I had to make one each for my niece's OG dolls.


I found this lovely wool, James C. Brett's Marble, and just knew it would look a bit like shimmery mermaid scales! The lighter tail is in shade MT45, and the darker tail is in MT41. Because it is double knitting wool and the pattern uses bulky, I had to adapt both the number of stitches and the number of rows. I used a 10mm hook with 2 strands of DK, and each mermaid tail took less than one ball of wool.


The back has a slight opening to help fit the doll in, and they're quite forgiving in terms of fitting other dolls and even teddies inside them! They make up quite quickly too, so I'm really pleased with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...