Saturday 7 January 2017

Minecraft Crochet || Zombie (Free Pattern)


Another year and I've finally got round to another character in my Minecraft series! This time, the Zombie... oooh... I have assembled some notes together as I did for the Creeper, I hope they make enough sense to you.


Pattern Notes

I use a 5mm crochet hook, and 2 strands of double knitting wool. I like the effect this gives. I stitched the pieces together and added the face details with one strand of double knitting wool.

For the zombie greens I used:
Stylecraft Special DK Meadow
Hayfield Bonus DK 0825

For the turquoise top I used:
Sirdar Supersoft Aran 0924 (I couldn't find any DK in the right colour, and this aran was fine enough to work.)
Stylecraft Special DK Aspen

For the blue trousers I used:
Stylecraft Special DK Aster
Hayfield Bonus DK 0979

The face details were scraps from my stash. 

Head piece (make 6)
Chain 9. 
Row 1-9: sc 8, use a turning chain of 1.
Body back (make 1)
Begin in turquoise, chain 9.
Row 1-10: Sc 8, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 11: Change to blue, sc 3, change to turquoise, sc 3, change to blue, sc 2, use a turning chain of 1. (Carry the yarn under as you work.)
Row 12: sc 3, change to turquoise, sc 1, change to blue, sc 4.
Row 13-22: Sc 8, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 23-24: Change to green. Sc 8, use a turning chain of 1.
Body front (make 1, unlike the other body pieces this is worked from the bottom)
Begin in green, chain 9.
Row 1-2: Sc 8, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 3-12: Change to blue. Sc 8, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 13: Change to turquoise. Sc 1. Change to blue. Sc 7, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 14: Sc 6. Change to turquoine. Sc 2, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 15-23: Sc 8, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 24: Sc 3, change to green, sc 2, change to turquoise, sc 3, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 25: Sc 2, change to green, sc 4, change to turquoise, sc 2.

Body right side (make 1)
Begin in turquoise, chain 5.
Row 1-10: Sc 4, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 11: Sc 1, change to blue, sc 3, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 12-22: Sc 4, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 23-24: Change to green. Sc 4, use a turning chain of 1.

Body left side (make 1)
Begin in turquoise, chain 5.
Row 1-11: Sc 4, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 12-22: Change to blue. Sc 4, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 23-24: Change to green. Sc 4, use a turning chain of 1.

Arm ends (make 2x green and 2x turquoise)
Ch 5
Row 1-4: Sc 4, use a turning chain of 1.

Arm sides (make 8)
Begin in turquoise, ch 5.
Row 1-4: Sc 4, use a turning chain of 1.
Row 5-12: Change to green. Sc 4, use a turning chain of 1.

Base (make 1)
Using green, ch 9.
Row 1-4: Sc 8, use a turning chain of 1.
 

When you have made your parts, stitch on any extra details such as the face features. Pin your pieces to your polystyrene shapes (see more information about this here) and simply stitch the edges together. Because you have used two strands of wool this is quite forgiving. You will notice the body piece only has one end covered - the other you are attaching to the head so it is unnecessary. Stitch the head to the top of the body and the arms to the sides of the body, and ta-da!


Pattern copyright to Helen Morris at Creative Chaos Art. It is not to be used for commercial gains.

3 comments:

  1. I love these for my kids. How tall are they a how big around?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these for my kids. How tall are they a how big around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, one of the best Minecraft amigurumi ive come across. Are you useing a particular sewing technique to sew the pieces together and maintain a block look?. Ive attempted to make minecraft characters, but they end up rounding out, lol. Maybe its my choice of yarn. Anyhow, your zombie looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...