Saturday 15 October 2016

"She is too Fond of Books..."


"She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain" is a quote from the author Louisa M. Alcott. I saw it and couldn't help but think of one of my friends (as a compliment, of course!) I looked around online but couldn't find any versions of the quote as a postcard or print that I really liked, so I decided to make my own! This is just a piece of A6 watercolour card, and I stamped the quote using a range of different alphabet stamps I have. I wanted a little imagery too, and found this cute little bookworm at the bottom of my box of stamps... I don't think I've ever found a use for him before, so it was quite nice how well he fitted here! I coloured him in using a Whispers Strokes pen in pale green, as it allowed me to add some shading. I've just treated myself to a set of these (not that easy since they've been discontinued!) and I am really enjoying having them on my art desk! What water-based brush pens do you use for papercrafts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...