Friday 10 April 2015

Star Wars Revan Birthday Cake


When I asked my husband what he would like his Birthday cake to be, he immediately said "Revan!" I was hardly surprised since our world seems to be revolving around Revan at the moment, with my husband having just started writing his first Star Wars novel, Revan's Rebirth!

I winged this cake more than I want to admit, but I am thrilled with how it came out! I used this marble cake recipe, but the vanilla batter is coloured bright red! I used Renshaw's grey and poppy red icings to cover the cake, and then added shading using gel food colouring - liquorice black and dark brown - and a paint brush, and finished it off with a layer of antique silver shimmer dust! I think it really captures the worn metallic look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...