Wednesday 22 May 2013

Tried and Tested Tip Number 31 [Origami Dress]


When I first saw this origami dress over at Forty Weeks and Then Some I knew I had to give it a try, and I thought it would be perfect for a friend's birthday card! The tutorial is over at Inklings and Yarns, and whilst there are lots of steps it was pretty easy to follow and I love the result!


I embellished the dress with a floral sequin and some good ol' glitter glue, and attached it to my card background - I used different types of paper in complementary colours and patterns to reflect the angular qualities of the dress. I love how the dress is "poofy" - it's so full of character!


So yes, I really recommend Inklings and Yarns tutorial for this dress, it came out perfect on my first attempt, and I can see it on many more cards in the future!

2 comments:

  1. What a cute little card - such a pretty dress!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...