Sunday 3 February 2013

Birthday Banners


Every time a birthday arrives in our house, I realise we don't own any Happy Birthday banners. I had no interest in buying them when I knew I could make ones unique to us, but every birthday seemed to arrive without any banners actually being made! So, when my birthday was over this year, I got stuck in to it! Two for me, two for the Mr, and one for Christmas (which I'll share later this year!)



Making these was actually so much easier than I expected. My normal white card won't feed through my printer, so I'm used to printing on to paper, and then having to transfer to card, which is a whole extra stage! But, I recently picked up a lighter weight card, and it feeds through! So I was able to simply print the lettering backwards on to the card, stick the card to my decorative papers (or paint the card, in one instance), and cut the letters out.



And, not only did I get to use some of my beautiful second hand wrapping paper selection, but I got to get my paints out too :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi I really love your Birthday Banners, especially the second hand wrapping paper one, so bright and cheerful. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare, the wrapping paper one is my favourite too! :)
      Helen x

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...