Sunday 9 December 2012

The Younger Years X

Let me begin by apologising for the quiet week round here. I have a lot of photos of Christmas projects just sat on my laptop willing me to write them up into posts, but I have had such a hectic week! Hopefully things will be a bit quieter for a while, and I will catch up...

Whilst decorating the Christmas tree this week, I noticed just how many decorations I had are ones that I made as a child, and I thought it would be fun to share!

I'm not sure how old I was when I made this, but I remember realy enjoying the bead work.

I cross stitched this little teddy bear angel when I was 10, and she is probably one of my favourite pieces!

These are cross stitched on to plastic. They took me a long time to do as a child, and I never even completed all the reindeer!

I cross stitched these when I was 12. They came from little kits, and were supposed to be small enough to fit in little frames. However, the kit supplied the wrong aida, so my Mum helped me mount them like this.

Wow, that was a lot of cross stitching! I love filling the Christmas tree with homemade decorations, no matter how old they are! Do you have many decorations from your childhood that you still use?

2 comments:

  1. They are all so pretty :D I painted a glass bauble with ducks wearing santa hats... I did it in hospital about a month ago. :P x

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...