Saturday 29 December 2012

Inspire: Simon's Cat

Maybe this is a slightly odd choice for Inspire. Maybe. But as I sat here thinking about any art I had seen recently which had influenced me, it was this that came to mind.


Simon's Cat is a cartoon by Simon Tofield, which I originally discovered on Youtube. Me and my husband both fell in love with the magical story telling and the simple graphics, and my husband received several of the books for Christmas, too!


I think the reason it inspires me is two-fold. One, the graphics are so simple, yet effective. Although having also seen him colour in an image, it's not all as simple as it seems! And two, how something so simple has become such a huge success. It makes you think, doesn't it?



I am approaching a point where I'm considering doing the occasional video, whether it's time lapsed creativity or adventures in the world of macro, I'm not sure yet. Watch this space...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...