Saturday 1 December 2012

Inspire: The Fairy-Tale Princess


For me, I never know when inspiration will strike. Where I will be, or what I will be doing. Whilst waiting for my husband in a shop this week, I picked up this book, and fell in love with the imagery.


Can you imagine how long it will have taken to illustrate a book full of fairy tales by creating these models? Amazing.


And just look at the detail! It feels so whimsical and textural. So delicate yet structrual.


I love the strongly coloured backdrops, they help to bring it to life. I also like the glimpses of colouring within the sculptures, such as pieces of clothing highlighted.

I think this is a project I will save for when I have children. Pick a fairy tale and at least recreate one scene, bring the story to life for them. Although, I could also see it working with Star Wars for my husband!

You can see more of Su Blackwell's stunning artwork on her website.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous find Helen! Love the idea of a Star Wars version - from glossy magazines maybe?! To make one for your children would be wonderful, what a beautiful gift.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! I'm thinking of finding a hard back Star Wars book, though I will feel reluctant to cut into it!!
      Helen x

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...