Monday 24 December 2012

Granny Tree Garland


I recently saw this Granny Tree pattern from The Royal Sisters featured on Tangled Happy, and I knew I had to try it! I think great minds think and hook alike, as Ali just made some too!


I crocheted mine with a 2.5mm hook, fine cream and green wools, and strung them together on a crocheted chain.


The pattern is lovely, but I adjusted it slightly to have just one row forming the trunk - I did it by accident initially, but decided I prefered the shape :)


I was crocheting these wherever I was in the house when I had a few minutes to kill, so I wrote the pattern up short hand to place on my phone and embed in my head! I thought I'd share it here for easy reference, but want to make sure people know it it just a short hand version of The Royal Sister's full pattern!

Ch 5, join with sl st.

Round 1:  Ch 3. In centre hole, 3 dc, ch 3, 4dc, ch 3, 4dc, ch 3. Join with sl st.

Round 2: Sl st along to next space. Ch 3. In space, 3dc, ch 3, 4dc. Ch 1. [In next space, 4dc, ch 3, 4dc. ch 1.] x2. Join with sl st.

Round 3: Sl st along to next space. Ch 3. In space, 3dc, ch 4, 4dc. [1sc in middle of treble group from last round. In next space, 4dc. 1sc in middle of treble group from last round. In next space, 4dc, ch 4, 4dc.] x2. Ch 1. In next space, 4dc. Ch 1. Join with sl st.

Turn over tree, sl st along chain and into top of treble group from previous row. Ch 3. 3dc across.


Why not have a look at the other crafts in my Christmas category...

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the pattern/link, Helen- saw the pic on your fb last night and as going to ask as I saw something v similar on Interest but without a pattern... I could figure out most of it but wasn't sure where I'd ave to start, iykwim!! :)
    Happy Christmas!! :)
    Hugs, Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I hope you have fun making them :)
      Happy Christmas to you too :)
      Helen x

      Delete
  2. *on Pinterest... Auto-correct did it again! :S xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right Helen - great minds hooking alike - I used one row of trebles too!!
    Happy Christmas Helen!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's brilliant! Happy Christmas :)
      Helen x

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you :) I think I'll be reluctant to take them down this year!
      Helen x

      Delete
  5. So beautiful and delicate, love this!Thanks so much for sharing with us.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year!

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Happy New Year to you too!
      I'm off to look at your blog now :)
      Helen x

      Delete
  6. God Bless for the short pattern! Thank you so much for doing that. I love your garland!

    ReplyDelete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...