Wednesday 31 October 2012

Tried and Tested Tip Number 19 [Thread Storage]


Do you have storage issues with all your sewing threads? Whilst I used to keep most of my threads in a couple of clear glass jars, there were some which always seem to be missing, and I would always want the one at the bottom!


So at the weekend, I asked my Dad for one of his spare type cases. It is a bit rough around the edges, but I love that charm to it, and knowing that it has been well used!


I love having all my threads accessible, and so easy to see what I want...


And it fits my lovely sparkly threads!


No more hunting for my spools either!


Oh, and it provides somewhere to keep my Dad's woodblock type safe!


OK, I realise not everyone has a Dad with spare type cases in the garage... But thankfully there is a place called eBay, populated with people who do have spare type cases! So if you're looking for somewhere to store your threads, bobbins, thimbles... or mini rolls of tape, buttons and odd woodblock letters, I really recommend having a hunt around. I think my nephew even has one for his lego figures! Shades of brown not your colour? Make it into a project, and paint it to fit your room!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...