Sunday 1 July 2012

Psychadelic Birthday Card


I was scratching my brains the other day to think up an idea for my niece's first Birthday card... I didn't want to go down the obvious girly pink route, I wanted something a bit more funky.

Then this saucer caught my eye... It's one of several I bought at a car boot sale last month to stand plants on, because I love the pattern!


Inspiration!


The flower on the card is loosely based on the design and colour scheme of the flower on the saucer.

I sketched out the design and shapes, and cut them out of yellow, orange, blue and purple papers. I used a circle punch to make the smaller shapes - so much easier!


I was a bit concerned it would be too vibrant, but I think it works just perfectly :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your bold and bright design and the inspiration! Zingy colours! Fab and groovy!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can't get a bigger compliment than groovy :D
      Helen x

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...