Thursday 3 May 2012

Denim Jeans Skirt


 Several years ago now, I came across a skirt online... It was made of layers and layers of denim jeans, and I fell in love.


Somewhere, I made a bookmark, I saved a photo. I started collecting every pair of jeans I wore through, hoping one day I could make one for myself.


One day, and after a quick nip to a charity shop to buy some extras, I had enough pairs. But, I'd lost my original link.


Hours and hours of searching later, I found it. One Of A Kind Skirts.


I had an image in my head again, and I set to work.


I pinned and repinned. Tacked and retacked. I broke a sewing machine and was given a new one. I blunted a needle and broke a needle, and bought new ones. I unpicked stitches and sewed bits up again.


And finally, I handsewed my clothing label, "Creatively Chaotic" down a seam. The finishing touch.


With huge thanks to my husband for some wonderful photos :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow! How cooool is that? I love your skirt Helen its amazing! ....the photos are really fab and I like your taste in footwear...from what I can see peeping out of your super long super stylish skirt!
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! I do really love this skirt. And yup, love my DMs too haha - even wore a white floral pair on my wedding day ;)
      Helen x

      Delete
  2. .....I wanted to do that but bottled out.....! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I almost did, but a friend secretly bought some for me (tall ones with bright flowers up the side) so I had no choice :D
      Helen x

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Just had a look through your blog and some of the projects you've done with your children - I really like the idea of spraying watercolour paints on canvas!
      Helen x

      Delete
  4. Hey Helen, well done on persevering, lots of obstacles along the way but you got there yay........ and your skirt looks fabulous .

    Lots of pockets for all sorts of things hehe....... Great photos too......

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire!
      I know, the pockets are amazing - I'll never find anything again!
      Just had a wander through your blog - I haven't been in a bluebell wood recently, but I did walk past lots on my little walk by the sea today. The stitching on your blanket is lovely :)
      Helen x

      Delete
  5. Looks great Helen :)

    Molly x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea, Helen!!! Another great refashion that effectively cost you nothing, other than your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'm all for cheap/free refashions!!
      Helen x

      Delete

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...