Tuesday 12 April 2011

Project Progression

Well, I've done well at keeping up with posting since Knitting and Crochet Blogging Week, haven't I?! It's been an extremely busy week, involving getting on top of the house and seeing people, intermingled with my husband's birthday; but it's been absolutely lovely!

So, how are my current projects doing?

My Destruction Journal has really slowed down. I have a few ideas, however I haven't been well enough to fulfil them! However, I did carry a page of it in my pocket all the way round the zoo the other day, so there's one more page done ;)

I am still taking an active part in the April Drawing Challenge. Whilst I am not sharing this work publicly, drawing every day is an amazing thing for me. I'm currently working on studies of the female body, and how different clothing items can affect it's appearance. Using large sheets of paper and chunky pastels, this is a freeing exploration of drawing!

Saying that, today I did a quick sketch of a mint choc chip cupcake I made a few months ago, in preparation for the project I'm planning for this month's Being Creative over at Julia Crossland's blog. Here's a photo from the series that I took, though not the one I'm working from!

Mint Choc Chip Cupcakes by ~bicyclegasoline on deviantART

I intend to do some watercolour and acerylic work with it, which will hopefully set me up to get back to the commission I need to work on!


The exciting new project I am about to embark on is over at Sustainably Creative. The guy behind it, Michael Nobbs, is an ME sufferer, and he's released a free ebook, "Start to Draw Your Life", and "75 Ways to Draw More". It's a short, sweet, but inspirational book, which has brought a sketchbook to my side, and which I hope helps me to continue drawing everyday beyond April Drawing Month.


I apologise if I owe anyone a reply, my head isn't very with it atm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...