Saturday 3 October 2009

Art on the Network

I recently entered Merseytravel's Art on the Network competition, to bring art to the public, and to liven up the public transport environment. www.merseytravel.gov.uk/newsarticle.asp I am pleased to share that I was shortlisted to the final five for the category I entered, "Wirral".


The piece is painted in acrylics with photograph sections, and the sea is made form torn train tickets. It took a lot of time to do, but was fun :) It is entitled "Maritime Wirral", with the lighthouse combination of Leasowe and New Brighton, the building in the foreground from Woodside ferry terminal, and the windmills off the shore at New Brighton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thinking of leaving a comment? Please do, I love reading what people have to say :) I will always try and reply to your comment here, so do click "Subscribe by email" below the comment form to be notified!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...